& RULES OF PARTICIPATION
- THE PURPOSE OF THE CONTEST:
- To honour the friendship and enhance the diplomatic relations between Vietnam and Australia.
- To introduce to our students the friendship between Vietnam and Australia.
- To create a meaningful playground for students and encourage young people in HCMC to study and use English daily.
- To emphasize the importance of women and their role in modern society.
Ho Chi Minh City Union of Friendship Organizations (HUFO), in association with Vietnam – Australia Society Academy (VASA) organizes the English Eloquence Contest named “ENGLISH CHALLENGE 2019”, with the main theme: “Wonder Women Amongst Us”
- Students from 10 – 15 years old, studying at primary and secondary schools in Ho Chi Minh City and expand to neighboring provinces.
- Candidates are separated into 2 age group:
i/ “Young Challengers” group: students from 10 – 12 years old.
ii/ “Junior Conquerors” group: students from 13 – 15 years old.
- TIME AND PLACE:
- Round I: From March 08th to March 15th, 2019
- Round II: From March 20th to March 29th, 2019
- Final round: To be held at District 7 Children’s House main hall, from 07:30 to 12:00 on Saturday, April 06th, 2019.
- Round I:
Candidates will be asked to write essays about the given topic: “Describe the most important woman to you” and send it to the Organizing Committee (OC) in the following ways:
i/ On-site Candidates: For students who have registered to participate in the exam at their own schools. The school is in charge of deploying, encouraging the children to participate in the competition and taking entries. OC representatives will come to each school and collect the papers on Wednesday, March 13th, 2019.
ii/ Online Candidates: Online candidates will submit their entries to the email address: email@example.com
Entries will be evaluated, graded and selected by the Organizing Committee (OC). The best 40 candidates will be selected to advance to round II of the competition.
- Round II – Online voting:
i/ Candidates will need to show their English skills by making video clips (with no more than 03 minutes in length), introducing themselves, as well as giving their opinion on the topic “Women’s day – wishes and love”, and submit their video clips to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ii/ Candidates will be guided and generally trained by VASA’s professional coaching team, to ensure the quality of the contest entries.
iii/ Completed entries will be posted on the official fanpage of VASA and will be announced to all candidates to call for their online voting.
* THE FORMULA OF CALCULATING SCORES FOR ROUND II:
70% OC points + 30% Voting points = THE TOTAL SCORE OF THE ENTRY.
- The final round: Eloquence and Storytelling
i/ Candidates will have the opportunity to present their topics to the Board of Judges.
ii/ The Board of Judges will question the candidates for them to debate and defend their points and opinion.
iii/ The results and awarding will be announced immediately after the final round performances.
- AWARDS OF THE CONTEST: Each age group participating in the competition will get the following prize structures:
- 01 First prize: 2000.000 VND in cash and a 10.000.000 VND Scholarship from VASA.
- 01 Second prize: 1000.000 VND in cash and a 10.000.000 VND Scholarship from VASA.
- 01 Third prize: 500.000 VND in cash and a 5.000.000 VND Scholarship from VASA.
Contestants who won the first, second and third prizes will also receive:
i> A Certificate.
ii> Souvenirs from HUFO/Consul/VAFA/TST/VASA.
iii> A trip to visit Australian Consulate Office in HCMC.
- 02 Incentive prizes: each prizes include:
i/ A 1.000.000 VND Scholarship from VASA.
ii/ A Certificate.
iii/ Sourvernirs from HUFO/Consul/VAFA/TST/VASA.
- ORGANIZING COMMITEE:
- Ho Chi Minh City Union of Friendship Organizations (HUFO).
- Vietnam – Australia Society Academy (VASA)
i/ Australian Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.
ii/ Vietnam – Australia Friendship Association in Ho Chi Minh City (VAFA)
iii/ The Youth Scientific and Technological Promotion Center (TST) – HCMC Youth Union.
iv/ District 7 Youth Union- Children’s House District 7 HCMC.
The above are the rules of participation in the English Eloquence Contest “ENGLISH CHALLENGE 2019”, We are looking forward to receiving enthusiastic participation from the students, as well as the cooperation and support from all organizations and the Board of Directors. For more information, please contact Hotline: 1900 75 75 68 or 0911 46 99 29.